Get visibility and recognition for your outstanding, innovative and sustainable project or program that is improving and protecting New York’s environmental resources and contributing to a viable economy.
Eligible applicants include: businesses (including but not limited to small, medium and large businesses, manufacturing, power generation, retail, agri-business, hospitality etc.); not-for-profit organizations; education, health care and recreational facilities, individual(s) and local, state, federal or Indian Nation government agencies (except NYSDEC).
DEC is interested in receiving applications about projects that demonstrate significant environmental benefits achieved by:
– green infrastructure projects;
– initiatives to reduce greenhouse gas emissions;
– adaptation to climate change;
– cutting-edge pollution prevention technologies;
– initiatives to “green” businesses, farms, schools, recreational, health care and hospitality facilities;
– innovative wind, solar and biomass projects;
– creative natural resource/habitat protection or restoration efforts;
– energy efficiency improvements;
– innovative education and training programs;
– waste reduction and recycling efforts;
– manufacturing process improvements; and
– creative approaches to urban forestry or farming, programs advancing “grown locally.”
To get application materials and learn more about the award program, please go to DEC’s website at http://www.dec.ny.gov/public/945.html. Contact DEC’s Pollution Prevention Unit at (518) 402-9469 or send an email to [email protected].
Applications must be completed and post marked no later than Friday May 9, 2014