Building Clean and Resilient Local Power – NY Prize Update and Microgrid Case Studies
New York State is taking exciting steps toward transforming its energy system and supporting communities in examining the emissions and resiliency of their power supplies. Launched in August of 2014, NY Prize is a $40 million competition to help communities create microgrids that aims to improve the reliability of local power, reduce costs, and lower greenhouse gas emissions. This Climate Smart Communities webinar will provide an update on the three-stage NY Prize process. In addition, the webinar will explore the value of microgrids through case studies on systems in New York State, some of which incorporate renewable energy. The presenters will also discuss the role that local governments can play in supporting the development of microgrids to increase clean and resilient power in their communities.
To join the online meeting, first
- Go to https://meetny.webex.com/
meetny/j.php?MTID= m2275c7f3584b94660e2e289fe6a5a 0fd
- If requested, enter your name and email address.
- If a password is required, enter the meeting password: NYSDEC1
- Click “Join”.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
After joining the online meeting, to join the audio conference
- Provide your number when you join the online meeting to receive a call back.
- Follow the instructions that you hear on the phone.
- Your Cisco Unified MeetingPlace meeting ID: 646 343 947
- Alternatively, you can call one of the following numbers: Local: 1-518-549-0500 Toll Free: 1-844-633-8697 Alternate Toll Free – 1-866-776-3553
If you plan to participate, please provide us with your name and community affiliation, either via e-mail or telephone to the Office of Climate Change at [email protected] or 518-402-8448. In the event that we have to cancel or postpone this webinar, respondents will be notified.
Additional Information about the webinar series:
Additional information on the Climate Smart Communities program: