Fall Into Rowing with Mid Hudson Rowing Association
Learn To Row (Download Brochure)
The Mid-Hudson Rowing Association Adult Learn-to-Row (LTR) program operates under a simple concept – learn to row while having fun! Our program is straightforward – we teach you rowing fundamentals, and you enjoy the camaraderie of MHRA club members while you model their skills. Come appreciate the beauty of the historic and scenic Hudson River while skimming along its surface! Our Learn-to-Row sessions are designed for adults who have never rowed before. Experienced MHRA coaches teach rowing and boat handling skills to get you started on a lifetime activity which you can enjoy for recreation and exercise.
Mid Hudson Rowing Association Learn to Row Program 2015
All classes are taught by our experienced volunteer coaches with club member rowers and coxswains who row along with you.
Fall into Rowing in September
2-day introduction to rowing: Fee $50
September 19, 20: 9AM-11AM
Saturday September 19th: 9:00-11:00AM Indoor tank session at the boathouse learning the basics of rowing, followed by rowing by the dock & possible taste of river rowing
Sunday September 20th: 9:00-11:00AM Coached rowing on the river
Fee: $50, inclusive of both days, paid in advance and non-refundable after start of sessions. Can be applied towards a future full Learn To Row class.
- No prior experience necessary
- Must be in good physical condition before starting the program. Check with your doctor if you are uncertain. Must be able to swim.
- Dress for rowing in close-fitting layers (baggy clothes catch in the sliding seat wheels)
- Signed US Rowing waiver & LTR information and safety information form (Waiver, Brochure & Forms sections below)
- Bring a water bottle.
For more information and a free indoor tank rowing introduction lesson, contact our Learn To Row Coordinators email, or call (845) 452-2970.
For Learn To Scull information see the Sculling tab
Two ways to Register:
- Online via RegattaCentral using a credit card (Note: RegattaCentral asks you to create a “user account” and then allows you to choose the rowing club and the session dates). Clubs are listed alphabetically. To register with us, select Mid Hudson Rowing Association.
- Contact our Learn To Row Coordinators email, or call (845) 452-2970. then mail your check for $150/person (price unchanged since 2005!), payable to Mid Hudson Rowing Association to:
Mid-Hudson Rowing Association, P.O. Box 683, Poughkeepsie, NY 12602
LTR graduates are invited to join the club to enjoy coached, recreational rowing with MHRA club members. At the discretion of the coach, participation in the Tail of the Fish and/or Head of the Fish Regattas is possible as well.
Brochures and Form
VHV (Visit Hudson Valley) Learn to Row with MHRA (2002) :