Preparing Your Municipality for Growth in Solar:
What’s Coming and Technical Assistance to Help You Manage the Change
Friday, October 23, 2015
8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Moot Court, Pace Law School, 78 N. Broadway, White Plains, NY
Solarize Westchester, Sustainable Westchester and Pace Land Use Law Center are presenting a morning workshop for local officials and volunteer committees on trends in solar photovoltaic installations in Westchester and how to handle the steep growth in installations. This session will include:
· Overview of Solarize Westchester and trends in solar in Westchester County
· Survey of solar permitting in Westchester’s municipalities
· A review of top zoning barriers to solar installations in Westchester and strategies to address them.
· Lessons from the Front Lines: municipal officials share how their municipality has adapted
· Model zoning for solar installations
· Next steps: time limited technical assistance available
Free to attendees but preregistration is required.
Please complete the online at https://law.pace.edu/
For information and directions please visit http://www.law.pace.edu/
Breakfast will be provided!
Registration begins at 8:30 and program begins at 9:00.