CSC Webinar: Building Clean and Resilient Local Power: NY Prize Update and Microgrid Case Studies
Thursday Sept 10, 2015
10:30 AM – 12:00 PM
New York State is taking exciting steps toward transforming its energy system and supporting communities in examining the emissions and resiliency of their power generation sources. Launched in August of 2014, NY Prize is a $40 million competition to help communities create microgrids that aims to improve the reliability of local power, reduce costs, and lower greenhouse gas emissions. This Climate Smart Communities webinar will provide an update on the three-stage NY Prize process. In addition, the webinar will explore the value of microgrids through case studies on systems in New York State, including those which incorporate renewable energy. The presenters will also discuss the role that local governments can play in supporting the development of microgrids to increase clean and resilient power in their communities.
(see agenda below)
To join the webinar, follow these steps (in this order):
1) First, click on this link: https://meetny.webex.com/
2) Enter your name and email address.
3) Enter the meeting password: NYSDEC1
4) Click “Join”.
5) To join the audio portion through your telephone (as opposed to receiving the audio via your computer speakers):
– After joining the webinar online, click on “Call Me” in the onscreen Audio Connection box to get a call back from the system by entering your phone number.
– Alternatively, call 1-844-633-8697. Then enter the meeting ID: 646 343 947, followed by your attendee ID (which will be displayed on your computer screen in the Meeting Info tab).
To update this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link:
WebEx will automatically setup Meeting Manager for Windows the first time you join a meeting. To save time, you can setup prior to the meeting by clicking this link: