Reminder: RSVP for Great Lakes Action Agenda Work Group Meetings
eminder: Great Lakes Action Agenda Work Group Meetings to be held Sept 2nd, 3rd, 14th & 15th.
Please let us know if you can make it! RSVP to email@example.com.
Please indicate which work group meeting you’ll be attending. Thank you to those who have already informed us of their plans to participate.
NYSDEC would like to remind those interested of the upcoming opportunity to join regional stakeholders in a basin wide partnership to advance key priorities for New York’s Great Lakes basin, as identified in the state’s interim Great Lakes Action Agenda (GLAA). The focus of this next round of meetings will be on identifying collaborative solutions to watershed challenges and project opportunities that can be advanced in the near-term to support GLAA implementation.
All NYS Great Lakes stakeholders are invited to participate — including environmental orgs, academic institutions, state and federal agencies, local government, individuals and other diverse stakeholder groups (business, health, recreation, planning, etc).
Four sub basin work groups provide a unique opportunity to connect, coordinate and collaborate with other groups and agencies working locally and basinwide.
Please join us for one or more of the following meetings:
- Lake Erie Work Group — Weds, Sept 2nd, 10:
30am – 4:00pm***
Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve
93 Honorine Drive
Depew, NY 14043
- SW Lake Ontario Work Group — Thurs, Sept 3rd, 10:30am – 4:00pm***
Tinker Nature Park / Hansen Nature Center
1525 Calkins Road
Pittsford, NY 14534
- NE Lake Ontario Work Group — Mon, Sept 14th, 10:30am – 4:00pm***
Whetstone Gulf State Park beach house
6065 West Rd
Lowville, NY 13367
- SE Lake Ontario Work Group — Tues, Sept 15th, 10:30am – 4:00pm***
Cayuga Lake State Park beach house
2678 Lower Lake Road
Seneca Falls, NY 13148
***Sub-group meetings are scheduled as follows:
- Water Quality (GLAA Goals 4 – 6): 10:30am – Noon
- Sustainable/Resilient Communities (GLAA Goals 7 – 10): 12:45 – 2:15pm
- Natural Resources (GLAA Goals 4 – 6): 2:30 – 4:00pm
You may attend all three sessions, or those that best align with your interests and work. See attached flyer for details.
Questions or comments?
- Lake Erie & SW Lake Ontario Work Groups: Shannon Dougherty, Shannon.Dougherty@dec.ny.gov, 716-851-7070
- SE & NE Lake Ontario Work Groups: Emily Sheridan, Emily.Sheridan@dec.ny.gov, 315-785-2382