SAVE THE DATE: Saturday,February 6 (snow date:
Sunday, Feb. 7) ONLINE TICKETS GO ON SALE FRIDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2015! TEATOWN’S HUDSON RIVER EAGLEFEST
• NEW THIS YEAR! Local musical acts performing in the Eaglet Stage tent!
• Numerous viewing sites all along the Hudson River
• Bus Tours to viewing sites
• Children’s activities & storytelling
• 30 participating environmental organizations
• Heated Tents!
• Food offerings by local restaurateur Glenn Vogt of RiverMarket Bar and Kitchen as well as the Wobble Café
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS IN THE EAGLE THEATRE
AND EAGLET STAGE at CROTON POINT
PARK: EAGLE THEATRE: All shows feature live birds of prey!
9:15 am: Hudson Valley Wildlife – Teatown Lake Reservation
10 am: Skyhunters in Flight – Brian Bradley
11 am: Skyhunters in Flight – Brian Bradley
12 pm: Close Encounters with Wintering Eagles and Owls – Bill Streeter Delaware Valley Raptor Center
1 pm: Close Encounters with Wintering Eagles and Owls – Bill Streeter Delaware Valley Raptor Center
2 pm: Birds of Prey – Brian Robinson
3 pm: Talons – To Be Announced
9:15 am: Raptors for Rookies – Saw Mill River Audubon
10:15 am: Annie DiRusso, Singer, Songwriter
11:15 am: To Be Announced
12:15 pm: Birds of Prey, Teatown Lake Reservation (tentative)
1:15 pm: Daisy Jopling, Classical Rock Violinist
2:15 pm: Joe Duraes, Electrified Acoustic Alt-Rock Group
BIRD WALKS: Ongoing from 9 am – 3 pm
Come along on one of our hourly bird walks, led by birding experts, around Croton Point Park. Walks meet outside the main pavilion at Croton Point Park.
EAGLET NEST: Children’s activities with Teatown.
Family Art: Create nature art with Strawtown Studio! 1 – 3 pm
2015 EAGLE VIEWING SITES: STAY TUNED FOR 2016 EAGLE VIEWING SITES
Guests can enjoy additional eagle viewing locations and activities along the Hudson River at no additional charge. Each is staffed by eagle experts with spotting scopes. When it’s time to warm up, attendees can take a break in the heated tents/buildings at the following sites.
Boscobel House and Gardens, Garrison
Croton Boat Ramp at Croton-Harmon Train Station
George’s Island Park, Montrose
New Croton Dam
Steamboat River Park, Verplanck
GETTING TO TEATOWN’S HUDSON RIVER EAGLEFEST AT CROTON POINT PARK
Directions: 1A Croton Point Avenue, Croton-on-Hudson, NY 10520
FIND OUT MORE An Environmentally Healthy Hudson Valley
Depends on YOU!!
- We all live in a watershed!! Do your part by conserving water, participating in community clean-ups, and supporting environmental legislation.
- Plant trees! Trees tame stormwater, clean the air, naturally cool your home, save water and fight climate change.
- Limit use of pesticides and fertilizers.
- Plant natives! Native plants need less water, and attract birds, bees and butterflies.
- Recycle and dispose of household chemicals and pharmaceuticals properly.
- Inspect and maintain septic systems.
- Become involved in land use and development decisions – open space protects our natural resources.
- Join an environmental organization like Teatown!
To learn more about Eagles, visit these sites:
To learn more about healthy Watersheds, visit these